Manage and Grow Your Field Service Business from Anywhere with Targeted Customer Relationship Management Strategies and Tools
Today’s world is hyper-busy, with lots of conversations, and lots of responsibilities to keep on top of. For management, this is particularly challenging, where company culture needs to be instilled, and staff performance monitored and reviewed, all while trying to grow your business.
A common challenge faced by field service businesses is that important information can sometimes live in a lot of different systems, from our email systems to spreadsheets, to our computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).
This begs the question, what if we could bring it all together, and consolidate our information so we could see everything, so our team could see everything they need to?
In this article, we discuss the benefits of why your field service business needs a customer relationship management (Field Service CRM) system, designed to bring all customer information into one collaborative view.
Complete Management of Enquiries, Customers, Contacts and Sites for Team Visibility
A Field Service CRM system is at its core, a very organised database, with a set of modules that allow you to keep a track of not only your customers and suppliers, but related information such as Sites, Contacts, and even new enquiries that originate from your website and other sources. These systems are designed to provide a structured flow of information, and can often be connected to your website to automate the capture of contact form submissions, in order to present useful information to users in your system to drive your follow-on conversations.
This often means you can:
- Connect your website to Fieldmagic to track and respond to your enquiries in a structured way.
- Spend less time searching for key customer information, and share this with your entire team for better collaboration, no matter where you are.
- Manage your contacts and their associated roles within each customer eg. Joe is tagged as a Site Manager, while Frank is their Sales Director.
- Ensure correct address details with auto-address completion built-in.
Track Email Conversations with Automatic Integration with Outlook and Gmail
Many good CRMs provide the ability to archive your emails against your customer-related records, in order to provide a central place for your team members to view and see and initiate important conversations.
This ensures all departments have access to the important information about past jobs, quote negotiations, or service work, and ensures that your conversations are informed.
- Conversations in Context: Job-related Conversations, Quote-related conversations, and much more, all in view.
- View and save email attachments.
- Save time and use email templates for outbound emails.
Fieldmagic has a simplified turn-key integration to Outlook, Gmail and Lotus Notes that “just works” in the background. Read our related blog article here.
Accelerate and Better Track Your Business Development Team Performance
Growing your business streams means ensuring the correct processes are in place to quote for your products and services, track your quotes by department and followup on these, and then report on your team’s performance to see real-time metrics.
A good Field Service CRM system often also allows you to build professional-looking quotes quickly, using pre-saved quote templates, attachments and supporting information.
Fieldmagic supports users by providing the following useful tools:
- Build and save your quotes as templates for future use, in providing turn-key packages and bundles to your customers that can be sent in a matter of clicks.
- Hide or show parts in a group for simplified high-level pricing to customers.
- Attach PDF documents to merge into your quotes.
- Send quotes via email and automatically capture replies back into Fieldmagic for team visibility.
Fieldmagic’s built-in CRM also provides easy-to-use opportunity views to quickly see the status of both your open opportunities, as well as those that have been lost and why they have been lost.
In-built reporting dashboards then allow you to further drill-down on performance by department by time period, and gain a high-level view of team performance:
If you have found value in this article, please share it with your team members and colleagues.
We Help Field Service Businesses Accelerate Sales and Better Manage Service Work with Modern Software Solutions
Fieldmagic is modern and easy to use field service and asset management software with a built-in CRM designed to help organisations accelerate and track their sales performance, schedule jobs, capture field data more efficiently, and deliver better customer service.