You can use a pricebook to create different prices for your products by setting default discounts as well as unique unit prices for your products.
CREATING A PRICEBOOK
Navigate to admin, select "Quoting Pricebooks":
You will be directed in the Pricebook list view. Simply click the "Create" button to create a new Pricebook:
Fill in the necessary details then click the "Save" button
- Name- The name of the pricebook . This will be used in the dropdown list of pricebooks available when quoting. This is what the users will see when they will select a pricebook.
- Default Discount - This will be used for computing the unit price of the items under the pricebook.
- Description - Write a brief description of your pricebook. You can write when that pricebook should be used or the target customer/group for that pricebook.
EDITING A PRICEBOOK
Navigate to the Pricebooks list view and click the name of the pricebook you want to edit. You can also search for the pricebook by typing the name of the pricebook in the list view or filter the list. To filter, click the arrow-down in the "Filter" field. You can also create your own filter. These are the out-of-the box filters available:
- All Pricebooks- Displays all the pricebooks you have in your organisation.
- My Favorites- Displays the pricebooks that you marked as favorite. When you open a pricebook record, simply click the star icon to include it in your favourites.
- My Pricebooks - Displays the pricebook that you own.
- Recently Created - Displays the pricebooks that you recently created.
- Recently Viewed - Displays the pricebook that you recently opened.
Once you have opened your pricebook, click the "Edit" button:
You will see all the products and billable services that you have in your organisation:
- Pricebook Unit Price - This is automatically computed based on the Product Master Unit Price and Default Discount.
- Active - This will be the basis if the particular item will be included in the pricebook. If this is unchecked, when a user selects the pricebook in quotations, the item will not be available to quote on.
The displayed "Sales Account Code" and "Tax Code" depends on the selected "Accounting". These fields are used as a basis for computing taxes in quotations. You can configure this in Product Catalog.
Click the lower "Save" button inside the item panel to save changes in the products and billing categories:
Click the upper "Save" button to save the changes in pricebook name and pricebook details: