Tags are a way of creating keywords to help users in searching and grouping records that may not be available in the existing database. These can be easily made in tags-enabled module's (e.g. contacts) record view.
Please take note of the following:
- Tags may be composed of a single word or multi-word(phrases)
- To create a multi-word tag, use space to separate each word
- In a single record, you can create more than one keyword. Use comma to separate each tag
- Tags are not case sensitive
- Tags are shared by all users in an instance. When you create a tag, the other user will also be able to see and use it.
Below is an example on how you can use tags
CREATING TAGS VIA RECORD VIEW
Open a record in tag-enabled module. Scroll down and look for the "Tags" field. Simply typed in the desired keyword, then click the "Save" button
Sugar CRM Support Site
October 25, 2018