Service businesses are increasingly using field service software and CRM as a means of customer delight. According to Gartner, 70 per cent of organisations will cite customer satisfaction as a primary benefit from implementing FSM tools by 2020, up from approximately 50 per cent today in 2019.
The global market now sets the standard in satisfaction
Businesses today are competing on a global measuring-stick. No longer are we competing against those within the same industry as us, we are all being compared to the Netflixes, Google’s and Apple’s of our generation and how we compare on the ‘experience meter’ - are we meeting growing expectations?
Customers Expect Clear Proactive Communication
According to a recent study by Field Technologies Online, almost half of field service leaders are concerned about keeping up with increasing customer demands (46%).
Some Interesting Stats
- 55.8% want a phone call if the technician is running late.
- 90% want an explanation of what the technician is going to do prior to arrival.
- 86.6% want the technician to be fully informed upon arrival.
Customer demands are now more than ever service-related, where paying for a better experience is viewed as better value. It’s so important, that according to Bain & Co, a customer is four times more likely to buy from a competitor if the problem is service-related, versus price or product-related. Whoever said it’s all about price!
What can Field Service businesses do to keep up with demand?
According to Forrester, 72% of businesses say improving customer experience is their top priority.
Most modern field service software is designed to improve the way you manage your operations, and indirectly affects customer experience - from scheduling to service reports, quick and easy invoicing and analysis of your operations. These are vital aspects of deciding which platform to choose for your business and need to be looked at very closely.
Here are a few ways to improve your operations and ensure customers are kept in the know:
- Send Detailed Service Reports with Images: This increases visibility for customers and highlights accountability and helps them understand clearly work done.
- Set Recurring Job Reminders: Centralise and Track all upcoming work by having a system in place to remind you when things are due and have an easy way to allocate resources to these jobs and advise customers of upcoming services.
- Centralise Outbound Email Communication: Fieldmagic’s email integration, for example, allow you to centralise your email communications with customers, ensuring all your team can gain instant visibility into past queries and discussions.
If you found value in this article, please share it.
Fieldmagic is a modern cloud-based field service and asset management platform with CRM, quoting, scheduling, billing, reporting & offline mobile app for Android & iOS.